Thursday, March 22, 2012

My Essay:

For our research projects we had to pick a short story. The short story I picked was the Bracelet by French author Colette. In the Bracelet there are a man and woman by the names of Madame and Francois Augelier. The couple lives in France during the French industrialization period. Francois is a is a wealthy industrialist who travels around the continent of Europe doing business. He is a man who likes to make his wife happy by showering her with luxurious gifts. Madame is not to keen with receiving all these gifts from her husband. She is not happy because she is a lady who is just happy with life not just material items. 
I would ask Madame Augelier one question. I would ask Madame why she is she not happy with being spoiled by Francois. The second question I would ask Madame is why she would feel uncomfortable with all the nice gifts that have clearly came from his heart. If I were Madame I would embrace the thought that counts that he put into buying these gifts for her. 
The next thins about the story that im questioning is her love towards Francois. Madame calls her husband “poor Francois” because she feels like she doesn't love him enough. She should of been at least been honest with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment